From 1 July 2015 there are some important changes that our Employment Lawyers would like to make you aware of:
- The high income threshold for employees will rise from $133,000 to $136,700.
- The income cap for unfair dismissal claims has increased to $136,700.
- The filing fee for unfair dismissals, general protections and anti bullying will increase.
- The federal award 2.5 % increase will take effect. Employers should check each award for the impact on their applicable award.
- The Fair Work Information Statement has been updated. The new form should be used from 1 July 2015.